Panorama Junior Suite
Romance, time for each other and peace
The setting for unforgettable moments, our unique Panorama Junior Suite features a spacious living and sleeping area with panoramic views, making your holiday at the Klosterhof extra special with added comforts. Cosy and warm, sleek and elegant, with one-of-a-kind architecture: you’ll love your stay!
- 2 adults + 1 extra bed (upon request)
- per person starting at € 211
Highlights of your suite
- Bright, airy living/sleeping area featuring solid apple wood furniture and art column
- Cosy sitting area and reading nook with extra large windows
- Incredible views of the mountains and our surroundings
- Separate bright living area with seating area and dining table, large couch
- Open bath with shower and tub; bath can be closed off from the rest of the room for privacy
- Separate toilet
- Comfortable bed (180 x 210 cm)
- Desk, minibar, 48” TV
- Hardwood floors
- Very large south-facing balcony
- Air conditioning
Rooms for guests with allergies
We have a selection of allergy-friendly rooms available. The Klosterhof is the perfect place for allergy sufferers – we have hypoallergenic mattresses and bed linens available. Please inform our reservation team that you require a hypoallergenic room at the time of your booking. The Klosterhof is officially classified as an “allergy-friendly hotel” by the Berchtesgadener Land Tourism Board.
The Klosterhof has two wheelchair-accessible rooms for guests with limited mobility. We have been assessed on our accessibility and have received the “Accessible for People With Limited Mobility” seal. See the detailed inspection results from “Reisen für alle” (“Travel for all”) and more information here (information available in German only). As your barrier-free hotel in Berchtesgadener Land, we look forward to your visit and will be happy to provide more information ahead of your stay with us.
COVID-19 – Update June 2021
We are very pleased to have our Klosterhof open again since Friday, May 21, 2021. The prerequisite is still a stable 7-day corona-incidence of less than 100 in Berchtesgadener Land.
The top 5 reasons for a safe holiday with us – reasons to choose the Klosterhof:
- Personal, privately-run hotel with just 65 rooms and suites in an exclusive, secluded location
- Spacious rooms – over 150 m² gross floor area per room (compared to the average 90 m² for the 4-star superior hotel sector)
- The latest technology and ventilation systems with appropriate filters with the exclusive use of fresh air
- Access to the Artemacur Health Centre in the same building; under the direction of Dr Andreas Färber (German Lung Foundation award-winner in connection with infectious respiratory diseases)
- Personalised, frequently re-evaluated hygiene concept and staff training given by Dr Andreas Färber himself
Please note that the guidelines and requirements on the part of the government for hotels are constantly being adapted. All information is always kept up to date by us and published on this page.
- What are the conditions for hotel openings in Bavaria?
Openings in tourism are possible in regions that have a stable 7-day incidence of under 100. In concrete terms, this means that if the incidence in a district falls below 100, hotels are allowed to open eight days later. As already mentioned, the prerequisite is that the 7-day incidence is below 100 for at least five consecutive days from the respective cut-off date.
If the 7-day incidence rises above the value of 100 again on three consecutive days, an announcement is made by the district office in accordance with the 12th BayIfSMV, after which the decreed relaxations cease to apply again on the day after next (day 5).
Sounds confusing? It is for us, too.
- Do I have to be vaccinated or tested to vacation in Bavaria?
Prerequisite for a vacation at the Klosterhof is a negative current Corona test (max. 24 hours old) of the guests upon arrival.
Exceptions are already fully vaccinated (14 days after the last dose) or recovered persons (28 days after a positive corona test or max. 6 months after overcoming an infection) as well as children under 6 years. The mask requirements continue to apply by law to all.
- COVID-19 test at Hotel Klosterhof Bayerisch Gmain
Testing is mandatory in Bavarian lodging establishments after check-in every 48 hours at a 7-day incidence between 50 - 100 in our district.
We are happy to provide you with free Covid-19 antigen rapid tests during your stay. These are performed daily in the morning between 8:30 am - 10:30 am by owner Dr. med. Andreas Färber or expert staff as so-called POC rapid tests (painless swab in the anterior nasal region). You will receive the result directly on your phone after 20 minutes.
Please use our uncomplicated online appointment booking service for this.
In case of signs of illness during your stay, please contact us by phone from your room, our team at the reception will take care of all further necessary steps.
- The 7-day incidence in Berchtesgadener Land is below 50. Do I still have to be tested every 48 hours in the hotel?
If our district falls below the incidence of 50 on five consecutive days, the legal 48-hour testing obligation falls as of the day after next.
For your own safety, the safety of other guests, and the safety of our Klosterhof family, we urge you to be retested every 48 hours during your stay.
The free rapid test at the Klosterhof takes just one minute of your valuable vacation time. For a visit to Salzburg, the presentation of a current test, vaccination or recovery is still mandatory when crossing the border to Austria. Likewise, the negative test remains obligatory upon arrival for presentation at check-in.
- Do I have to wear a mask in the hotel?
Yes. Guests over the age of 15 are required to wear an FFP2 mask indoors and employees are required to wear a medical face mask. Children and teens between the ages of six and 15 are only required to wear a mouth-to-nose protection. Children under the age of 6 are completely exempt from the mask requirement.
If it is not possible for you to wear a mask, we must unfortunately ask you to postpone your stay.
- Can I get tested free of charge in Bayerisch Gmain?
Yes! Within the scope of citizen testing by rapid tests in local test centers, at established physicians or in pharmacies as well as everyman testing according to the Bavarian test offer in local test centers and at established physicians by PCR tests.
Official test stations are located not far from the Klosterhof and can be reached by car in about 5 minutes. To the Corona -testing center BGL
- Are restaurants, spa and gym available?
Yes! Gastronomic offers of accommodation facilities (indoor and outdoor) are available exclusively for hotel guests. Currently, a maximum of 5 people aged 14 and over and from two households may be seated at a table. Children under the age of 14 are not counted and may only eat meals together with their parents. Regardless of age there is a maximum of 10 people per table.
It is also permitted to open and provide health and wellness services including pools, saunas and gym exclusively to hotel guests. Our team in the 1500 m² Artemacur Spa is looking forward to your visit.
- Can I drive to Salzburg for a stroll through the city?
Yes! You can reach Salzburg in 20 minutes by car. When crossing the border to Austria and back a Vaccination or negative Corona test needs to be shown.
- Are guests allowed to arrive who come from a county where the incidence is over 100?
Yes! There are no national regulations that prohibit the accommodation of guests from regions with high incidence rates.
- Wellness in our Artemacur Spa
Our 1,500 m² Artemacur Spa is very spaciously designed considering the small number of rooms and suites we have (65 in total).
At the moment, the following regulations apply to the state of Bavaria and therefore the Klosterhof:
- Cosmetic treatments and massages in the Artemacur Spa are being offered in compliance with hygiene measures. Our well-trained cosmeticians and therapists look forward to your visit. Please book your appointment in advance.
- Our spacious sunbathing lawn and sauna garden are open. One thing we don’t lack at the Klosterhof is space – surrounded by lush green meadows and forests and with a view of the Alps. You are sure to find your own favourite spot!
- Our activity programme features a wide selection of sports, cultural highlights and adventures – we have focused on outdoor activities.
- Our yoga room and gym are open.
- Our indoor pool and heated outdoor pool are open.
- Our saunas are open under compliance with social distancing guidelines. A maximum of 10 people are allowed in the panorama sauna, and 5 people in the bio sauna.
- Cuisine & dining
As always, Sascha Förster and his team look forward to spoiling you with meals included in our Klosterhof amenities package – with some adjustments in compliance with official regulations.
All meals are available with the variety and quality you have come to expect from the Klosterhof, but all food will be served at your table. Our breakfast will be brought to you upon ordering, and partially expanded with a staffed buffet; the same applies to our GenussArt dinner menu. Our afternoon snack will be served as a staffed buffet (no self service). Our team will bring your meal directly to your table to help reduce your contact with other guests. We thank you for your understanding that there may be short waits.
Breakfast and dinner will be served in two shifts to ensure proper social distancing and to allow us to disinfect and ventilate the restaurant. We kindly ask you to inform us which shift you would prefer ahead of your stay:
Breakfast: 7:30-9:00 am | 9:30-11:00 am
GenussArt dinner: 6:00-7:45 pm | 8:00-10:00 pm
- Sports & activity programme
We offer our guests an extensive activity program with a varied mix of sports, culture and adventure. In addition to our monthly concerts and live music, this naturally includes hikes through the Berchtesgadener Land, Nordic walking, e-bike tours, yoga and fitness courses in small groups in the fresh air. For participation in the courses, an entry in our activity book at the reception is mandatory in advance.
- Book a worry-free holiday – flexible cancellation policy
We would like to personally advise you on your vacation planning. We understand that you want to be as flexible as possible due to the current situation.
Free cancellation or rebooking is possible up to 14 days before your arrival (except Christmas/New Year's Eve/special packages).
If you are unable to travel because of illness or quarantine at home, cancellation costs will usually be reimbursed by your travel cancellation insurance, which we encourage you to take out at these times.
- Our hideaway is a safe place to stay
As a relatively small, family-run hotel in an absolutely secluded, exclusive location and with just 65 rooms, we are far from the crowds and stresses of everyday life. Your host Dr Andreas Färber worked for many years in international epidemic control and has gained valuable experience in this area.
As a health resort, we see it as our duty to uphold the highest hygiene standards.
We would like to inform you of the measures we are taking in advance so you can plan your hard-earned holiday without worry. Some of our measures include the following.
- Comprehensive cleaning and disinfection are standard at the Klosterhof. Because all public areas and rooms have tiled or wood floors, they can be easily cleaned with disinfectants.
- We are carrying out increased disinfection of all surfaces, with additional attention paid to frequently-used surfaces such as lift buttons, door handles, etc.
- To ensure the minimum social distance of 1.5 metres can be kept, this distance is marked at locations around the hotel. This includes the set-up of chairs and tables in the restaurant, dining rooms and garden.
- There is a restriction on the number of people allowed in areas of our premises.
- Plexiglass sheets have been installed at the reception desk.
- There are hand disinfection stations in all public areas, as well as the Artemacur Spa.
- Your room will continue to be cleaned and disinfected according to strict criteria. All of our air conditioners are equipped with special, state-of-the-art ventilation systems that are guaranteed to use fresh air.
- All staff have received extensive training in their area and are updated on any changes on a daily basis by Dr Färber himself.
- Before starting their shift, every employee is asked about coronavirus symptoms.
We understand that you may have many questions about your holiday at the Klosterhof due to ever-changing information. We are closely monitoring the situation. We are here for you and are happy to answer any questions you have.
We ask you to help us keep the Klosterhof safe and ask for your compliance with the following official measures:
- Prerequisite for check-in is the presentation of a convalescence, complete vaccination or a negative current corona test.
- Please keep a social distance of at least 1.5 metres from others.
- Please wear an FFP2 mask in public areas.
- We encourage contactless payment whenever possible.
- Please make appointments for spa treatments and massages in advance.
- If you have had contact with someone who is infected with, or has symptoms of COVID-19, you must postpone your stay in advance. We will be happy to help you – just give us a call.
- Contactless pre-check-in:
Help make an important contribution to our hygiene concept by sending us your contact details for check-in in advance. Thank you for helping ensure everyone has a safe holiday.
- Discounts for direct bookings
For stays from 3 nights: 5% off the entire price.
For stays from 7 nights: 10% off the entire price.
For long stays from 14 nights: 15% off the entire price.
Our room prices are calculated for bookings of 2 people. Our double rooms can be booked for single occupancy. Please contact us directly for more information.
Klosterhof included amenities – what is included in my stay?
Let us spoil you with our Klosterhof included amenities package during your holiday with us.